Post processing issue after update to 5.7

edousk
Go to solution Solved by edousk,

Posted (edited) · Post processing issue after update to 5.7

Hey all,

I use Cura's post processing script 'pause at height' for printing in multiple colors. I've been doing this for a while now with no issue, but yesterday I updated to cura 5.7, and now when I pause at the desired layer, my print head parks like normal, but then when I resume, the head now goes down to the build plate, travels while low and smashes into my model!!! I haven't changed anything,  just the update. I always used the M25 gcode for pause with no issue where the head would park, then I could resume, the head would lowere, touch buildplate, raise to the layer height, travel to the model and resume printing. Now, pause, park, lower, travel, smash! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but doesn't seem to roll back the post processing.

Please help, thanks!

Edited by edousk

Posted · Post processing issue after update to 5.7

The script hasn't changed at all between 5.6 and 5.7. Forgive me for asking the stupid question (but you'd be surprised how often it solves other peoples' problems) but you are putting all the same settings in, right? And has anything else changed, like have you upgraded the printer's firmware or anything?

It would help if you could tell us what printer you have and post a screenshot of the settings you use for the pause at height script.

It's worth noting that M25 can park the print head itself, depending on what the setting in the printer's firmware is. It's possible what you're getting is the printer attempting to park (or un-park) the head. I use M0 myself (on my Ender-3 V3 SE), but different manufacturers' printers tend to respond differently to each command (even though they really shouldn't).

• Solution

Thank you for the reply!

Not a stupid question, I should have included it. I have a creality cr6-se and didnt touch the firmware and I didnt change anything in cura other than the update. After many tests with the post script settings that changed nothing,  I figured out the problem was that I always used the same temps between layer changes, but this time I was changing the temp manually on the printer and left the screen on the "tune" screen at the moment of the pause. Seems if the pause occurs while the printer's screen is not on the "printing" screen, the head will reset and smash into the model. I finally made sure to always go back to the printing/progress screen and it's  working fine again.

Thanks again!

I suppose I'm not surprised, but that's pretty weird.

Oddly enough, it's only about the 3rd weirdest thing I've read this week regarding 3D printing.  Number one on the list was regarding a system that wouldn't allow Cura to slice anything.  It turned out that the problem was related to the system font on the Windows computer.

Software is great isn't it?

Was it Comic Sans? Cause I wouldn't accept anything submitted in that font seriously, either 😁

5 hours ago, GregValiant said:

I suppose I'm not surprised, but that's pretty weird.

When it comes to newer Creality printers with the colour screens, something working properly is weird. This is expected.

• Laugh 1