Does anybody have any "good" experience when printing with ColorFabb allPHA? I have an Ultimaker S5 and an S7. I have tried many combinations of adhesive/build plate/flex plate combinations - Magigoo PP, ABS, PA, PC. Dimafix, 3DLac, Pritt stick, etc. on glass and flex plate. I still can't get a part to stop curling up either during the print or after the print is finished. CURA settings I have changed are 0deg build plate temperature, 100% fan speed, use of brim and the new alternate wall directions.

1000008396.jpg

I've... never even heard of that, to be perfectly honest. I think your best bet might be to contact the manufacturer and ask them for advice, but maybe someone here who isn't me knows what it is and can help you :)

When a material is warping that much the advice is usually to bring the bed temperature up to just below the glass temperature of the material, and to use as little fan as possible.  Next step would be to heat the build volume.

Colorfab recommends a cold bed (0°) and 100% fan so as Slashee says you really need to go back to them and find out what the deal is.

Posted · allPHA

Unfortunately, I have tried that approach. They weren't particularly helpful saying 3DLAC, brim, 0deg bed temp and 100% fan was all that was needed. I confirmed that they had tried on an Ultimaker machine and they said it was fine. I tend to disagree 😞

Back to basics then.  Start out with the bed at 50° and no fan and see how it goes.

There is a new post-processor called Advanced Cooling Control that you can set "by layer".  It will erase the fan settings that Cura may have put in the gcode and then enter whatever you set the fan to.  Start out with 10/50 and at layer 10 the fan will go to 50%.  You've paid for the filament.  There should be someway to get it to stay down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GregValiant said:

You've paid for the filament.  There should be someway to get it to stay down.

And if there isn't, demand a refund. That would actually work here (Australia's consumer protection laws are pretty great) but in other places it may just be a saying.

• Like 1

Posted · allPHA
    14 hours ago, GregValiant said:

There is a new post-processor called Advanced Cooling Control that you can set "by layer".

Thanks. Not seen this before. You say it erases the Cura settings. If I set 10/50, then at layer 10 the fan goes to 50%. Where does it get the initial fan settings from? Do I have to set a 1/100 or 1/0 for instance depending on whether I need full  fan or no fan at the start?

On the subject of Post Processing Scripts, is there a set of guides somewhere on how to use them all?

Posted (edited) · allPHA

The tooltips should explain things.

There is an option to "Remove M106 lines..." so if you have cooling enabled in Cura it will pull out all the Cura entered fan lines.  Then it adds what you enter.

The entries for "By Layer" are "LAYER # / Fan %".  The fore-slash is required.  If you enter 1/100 you will get 100% fan at at the 1st layer.  If your next entry is 10/0 then the fan will shut off at layer 10.

If you remove the Cura fan commands and your first entry is 15/100 then the fan will remain off until layer 15 where it will go to 100%.

If you were to need more on/offs then you could add another instance of "Advanced Cooling" but you would turn off "Remove M106 Lines..." because it would wipe out the entries from the first instance.

There is a reason I called it "Advanced".  (Some of this stuff you gotta think about.)

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1