Build plate don't reach nozzle during active leveling S5

Posted (edited) · Build plate don't reach nozzle during active leveling S5

Dear all,

I change the AA 0.4 core to CC 0.4 core. After the change I trie to print a part, but during active leveling the build plate dose not touch the nozzle. 
Seems that is around 5-10mm away from it. Of course it gets error after, that the 2 cores are the same Hight or something else.
Additional info:

- Manual bad level - at least 10 times
- Lates firmware and cure - Done

- Factory reset - Done

- Calibrating core changer - Done

- Using older Cure - still don't work

- Changing back to AA 0.4 -  Still don't solve the issue

I did a ticket to Ultimaker, no answer! So in this moment my production is stopped because of this.

Any suggestion?

Edited by madmax21

Posted · Build plate don't reach nozzle during active leveling S5

First read through this: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667410781005

Okay madmax - I saw your video in your other thread. that looks like you have noise.  Electromagnetic noise.  What reading are you getting of the sensor? Follow the instructions in the above link.  The higher the number, the more noise you have.  You need to get that well below 8 before things can work. Lately, the common cause is the fan but there are many possible causes. After you get a number, try unplugging the fan at the rear of the head.  You don't have to take anything apart.

If things are right on the edge (noise is say around 6-9) then the issue may be intermittent in which case, to get through the next day you can just try several times and eventually get through the active leveling. Another quick workaround is to disable the active leveling with this tool: https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/39188-ultituner-a-tool-to-tweak-your-printer/

I don't recommend the ultituner - it may be more trouble than it's worth. After disabling I think you have to do the manual level two more times possibly?  There is something a little weird.  But manual leveling is not supported and it won't do the multipoint leveling needed for larger parts to stick to the glass bed.  You could end up with a MUCH more serious problem like a head flood if the part doesn't stick well so you really need to monitor the printer quite a bit to make sure the part sticks very well. A head flood happens when a hockey-puck shaped part comes loose and the head drags the part around and filament keeps coming out for hours and the filament has no place to go except back into the head and gets all inside the print head and can take many hours to remove after it solidifies and as part of the removal you can damage things.  It's a horrible experience.  But if you check the printer every 20 minutes you will catch the print coming loose before any damage is done.

Anyway, let us know what noise reading you get.

Posted · Build plate don't reach nozzle during active leveling S5

Hello,

Seems to work for me.
    I clean all the fans, and the plate again. Now the noise is around 10. I started a print to test.
    I will disconnect the front fan to see if i have any changes in noise.

I will let you know.

Posted (edited) · Build plate don't reach nozzle during active leveling S5

Unfortunately one test print was ok, but after I have again noise 60+, si is strange. Is the same noise even with Fan desabeld.
    I would like to mention the following:

- Core 1 - CC 0.4 new
    - Core 2 - BB 0.4 new
    - Nozzles clean
    - Build plate leveled and cleaned
    - Weirs are correctly positioned and no damage
    - Lift switch calibration calibrated
    - Tested with front fan plugged and unplugged, no difference in noise
    - Fan bracket alignment correct
    Noise level 30-60 

Edited by madmax21