Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?

Posted (edited) · Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?

My towers keep breaking off and this is clearly the failure point. There is no setting that I can find in the Duel Extrusion section that fixes this. I am using an Ultimaker s5.

image.thumb.png.08bd6c46d3796666b0de683b042be6ce.pngimage.thumb.png.eaaa4e8f013c515bba156a76cc0933a7.png

Edited by Jhawk6553

• Jhawk6553 changed the title to Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?
    Posted · Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?

@MariMakes Do you know what this is about? I do not recall this being a thing on the previous cura versions

Posted · Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?

There is no point of using the prime tower base if its just barely attached to the prime tower as shown above. Really is a dumb design in my opinion.

Make sure you have the minimum volume the same for each nozzle.  

@Jhawk6553 next time instead of posting three times inside of twelve minutes please just edit your first post 🙂 Looks so much neater and the more posts there are in a thread the more a casual passer-by will think it's been fixed and they don't need to look at it.

@MariMakes doesn't handle community stuff any more so your better point of call is @Dustin.

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem 😞 since I don't have a dual extruder printer.

Posted (edited) · Can someone explain why the first layer of the prime tower on Cura 5.7 does not put a full layer down for better adhesion?
    10 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

@Jhawk6553 next time instead of posting three times inside of twelve minutes please just edit your first post 🙂 Looks so much neater and the more posts there are in a thread the more a casual passer-by will think it's been fixed and they don't need to look at it.

@MariMakes doesn't handle community stuff any more so your better point of call is @Dustin.

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem 😞 since I don't have a dual extruder printer.

I didnt post 3 times... I edited the original post? However, I did post a comment regarding this issue on the cura 5.7 stable release post, if that is what you are referring to.

Oh you are using the term post as synonymous for comment. Yeah I thought you were saying my overall post about the issue was submitted 3 times. Well 99% of the time stuff goes unanswered on here and with threads being sorted by recent replies, its probably more beneficial to leave comments on your own posts instead of editing as it will bring your post to the front page

Edited by Jhawk6553

Well, as for features not working in UltiMaker Cura, or bug reports etc.. 
    This isn't the best place to bring that up, Github is.. so thats why questions may go unanswered.. simply put the answers might not be known by people here and the Devs only casually lurk here unlike github where they spend most of their time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jhawk6553 said:

Oh you are using the term post as synonymous for comment. Yeah I thought you were saying my overall post about the issue was submitted 3 times. Well 99% of the time stuff goes unanswered on here and with threads being sorted by recent replies, its probably more beneficial to leave comments on your own posts instead of editing as it will bring your post to the front page

Just your Friendly Assistant Mod Slashee trying to help 😕

Semantics aside, your topic is not likely to move down the main page even a single spot in an average twelve minutes on this forum.

Bumps are fine (within reason) but it's not uncommon for someone to post a question and then figure out the answer inside of an hour so post a reply to their own thread either saying it's fixed (😐) or how they fixed it (😄) so I was just offering advice for how to avoid people thinking it was one of those cases.

• Like 1

It’s also considerate to update your thread if you’ve found a solution to your issue, as it can be helpful for others who might encounter the same problem in the future. Your approach not only aids in maintaining the relevance of your topic but also contributes to the collective knowledge of the community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beredis said:

It’s also considerate to update your thread if you’ve found a solution to your issue, as it can be helpful for others who might encounter the same problem in the future. Your approach not only aids in maintaining the relevance of your topic but also contributes to the collective knowledge of the community.

Yeah, a lot of people don't do that. Annoys the cud out of me. I don't want people Googling a problem to open the thread, see a wall of text with no marked solution, so just post the same question again.

This thread isn't really "solved' so much as a "not our department" as @Dustin explained so there's not really much that can be done in this case.

On 5/7/2024 at 6:36 PM, beredis said:

Yeah there isnt a solution to this at the moment. As the assistant mod said, the post needs to be made on github to get the devs attention. I have been busy with work so I just swapped back to Cura 5.6 for the time being.