Lumps still there after a year of trying different settings. Help !!

Posted · Lumps still there after a year of trying different settings. Help !!

Hello

After trying all the different settings i can think of i am still getting a lumpy first layer. I have a Creality Ender 5 Pro with a CLtouch auto bed leveller and Microswiss all metal hot end. 

Whenever i print anything i always get these lumps in the first layer has can be seen in the picture. 

I have got my Z offset spot on and tried all sorts of different bed temps. I recently put a new nozzle in has i thought maybe the hole was worn fractionally oversized and letting to much plastic through, still the same.!!!

I have tried adjusting the extruder calibration and have settled on letting it slightly under-extrude, still the same.!!!

I have tried 3 different brands of PLA and PLA+, still the same.!!!

It starts off fine, then you get a ripple look then finally little lumps of plastic. Its only the first layer, when the second layer goes over it it smooths it out, and by the time the third or fourth layer goes on you cant see it at all. The fact that it is only the first layer tells me the printer is extruding has it should be.

My guess would be the build plate is slightly off and because the CLtouch only probes 9 positions it doesnt compensate enough, anyone think this could be the answer, or any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240524_123314673_HDR.jpg

This isn't really a Creality support forum - your friendly assistant mod Slashee is moving this to "third party hardware".

Based on the picture I'm guessing something to do with the extruder. Have you calibrated the e-steps and made sure the gear/s are appropriately tight?

Hello

Yes, i clean the build plate with isopropyl every two or three prints. Extruder is calibrated well and gears are fine 

Hi @stejan

This looks like a surface not flat, if you move the object right or left, sort of out of present area -how does it looks like then?

I'll think there's lots of people with Creality 3D printers in here..

Good luck.

Torgeir

I'm surprised @Slashee_the_Cow did start with the same suggestion she gave this to fix my mear identical issue with this. In my case (ender 3 s1 pro) it was a combo of slower print and more flow into the initial layer.