Top surfaces are treated with infill

Posted · Top surfaces are treated with infill

Since yesterday, when I run a slice on cura, it doesn't process the top side of my model.
The finish on the upper side is infill, how can I solve this problem please? 

infill.jpg

Please post your project file.  I know it looks like a perfect cube but I suspect the top is angled slightly? I also need to see all your settings, your printer profile, the print profile, the material profile and more.  All that (including your model) is in your project file.  Do "file" "save project" and post that file here.

• Like 1

As gr5 says, there must be an angle on the top surface.  The model coloration looks right.

There is no model in the file you posted.

Outer Walls - red

Inner Walls - green

Top and bottom skins - yellow

Infill - brown

Travel with retraction - narrow blue

Travel without retraction - wide blue

Brim/skirt/raft - cyan

Supports - light cyan

Support Interface - dark cyan

The top of this cube is flat (not angled) so the top skins are not "stepped".

image.thumb.png.0bf458189a2dfd6c1cc74c7099372013.png

But if I tip the model by a small angle then there will be steps because one side is taller than the other.

image.thumb.png.4c9ddb9c439d0ed6a1d5f10f63c274a5.png

17 hours ago, Leskro78490 said:

Hello, 

thanks for the answer, my 3d printer is ultimaker 5, and i don't understand why the top sides are not in red filament like the sides? 

The colours you see in Preview mode, by default, don't match the filament colour that will be printed. As @GregValiant said, it's showing different line types. For the colour you have to look in Prepare mode, assuming you've set the material in each extruder to the correct colour.