Sign in to follow this  
eldrick

Ultimaker 2 available (almost) in US

Posted · Ultimaker 2 available (almost) in US

Makershed is certainly covering the import duties, and avoiding an 8-10 week wait is worth something. I'd say it's a modest premium for buying and stocking the printers, taking the financial risk, and processing the forwarding shipment.

Yes, but those risks were only worth $2500 or $2600 to them on previous shipments... and I expect they're already getting a healthy discount on the units.

I ordered today and got a shipping notice an hour later! No Tax outside of California. With that and getting it a month and a half earlier than expected was worth it for me. I'll be canceling my direct order soon.

Ordered it and got it from MakerShed in 3 days. Yeah, price was a bit hefty compared to what they had it for before, but happy to get my hands on the Ultimaker 2 finally.