Scratch X and Y axses in Ultimaker Original

trint

Posted · Scratch X and Y axses in Ultimaker Original

Hello

I have a very serious problem with my "Ultimaker original"

5 times unbend rolls and try to Adjust the X and Y axes and poblema remains. The print head moves hard and heard a scraping I could not figure out where is / See video/

Loose rolls and aligned them several times. Not better reult.

I aligned very well axses but problems remain.

Adjust the belt-tightening but did not help.

Adjust the several time X and Y motors are not very tight little belts and still does not fix the problem.

Loosened wood caps fir X and Y bearings and the problem remained.

Anyone know what could be the problem because I read all the forums and do not know what else to do. Exhaustion of all possible options.

Several times I run "robot" and I notice the same problem - no layers are built well and "scrach" of the video occurs when prints round or curved parts of object angles are not parallel to the axes.

Can anyone help me?

In the video everything sounds good until you move extra fast. Is that the "scratch"? It sounds like some kind of vibration maybe in the linear bearings inside the head - or maybe something else. But is that what you mean?

when printing rounded or square corners then also appears that sound too. changing the location of the top layer. which must be directly on the other

Are you able to discern what part of the machine the noise is coming from? If not, I think there are a few things you can try, but it is a fair amount of labor.

1) Loosen set screw in the sprockets on the 8mm rods that attach to the short belts, so that the motors don't turn when you move the print head. Test to see if it makes the noise. You may have to apply some resistance with your fingers to the rods that would normally be driven, in order to compensate for the lack of the motors.

2) Remove the print head and the 6 mm rods. See if you can reproduce a sound by running the 6mm rods through the bearings in the print head. Try putting a little (not harder then you push to move on axis) force on the rod perpendicular to its motion through the bearing, as would be the case when the head is moving at an angle during printing.

3) Place the 6 mm rods in the machine without the print head and adjust everything as you would otherwise do when the print head is in place. Trying moving the rods. Try moving them while applying a force perpendicular to their motion similar to the force that would be applied to move the print head diagonally.

At this point, if I had to guess, I would guess that it is the bearings in the print head. They can be noisy like that if a bearing inside them is missing or damaged. If the axis is moving strait with no perpendicular force, under these circumstances the ball bearings might not turn; thus you would not hear the noise. However, even without the noise, they would still provide more resistance than if they precessed freely.

Edit: Alternatively, one of the ball bearings the 8mm rods slide through could be damaged. This can sometimes happen if a large force is applied to the inner part of the bearing while the bearing is supported by the outer ring; such as when driving the bearing into a small whole by using a hammer to hit an object against the interior ring, or other methods of applying a sudden force (Not that this is what happened to you, but it is something that happens quite commonly. I did it once many years ago with a slightly expensive bearing and it is now at the top of my mind when ever I try to shove a bearing).

I once had a similar problem, the sound was also that something was scraping against something else.

No matter what speed I was printing, the sound was always there.

Cause was that there was 1 pulley's lose, although the screw was tighten very well.

After dissemble almost the entire X an Y gantry I noticed a small gap in the rod where the screw of the pulley was bored in.

During assembly I made sure that the point of the screw of the pulley was not boring itself again into the gap of the rod, I turned the rod 180 degrees around his own axis.

I also saw that the Y motor was to close to the wooden case, so the short belt of the Y entry was touching the wood.

I placed some washers so the motor went 1 mm more inside, so the short belt has a distance of the wooden frame.

I also installed these:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:56769

It prevents the rods are moving along with the blocks.

Hope you can solve the problem.

Thank you

I will do everything I wrote and released the results

Among other things, my little belt on both / XY / motor touch the wood frame

Among other things, my little belt on both / XY / motor touch the wood frame

That's definitely a problem. Remove the motors, move the motor pulley as close to the motor as possible without touching. About .5mm gap. If the rubber belt still touches the wood frame then add 1 washer under each of the 4 standoffs.

This problem alone will cause the problem where one layer is not on top of another.

Also tighten all 6 pulleys per axis. Very very tight - the screwdriver should be twisting (but don't break it!).

Hello again.

Thank you all. My printer prints great thank you. Once again thank you.

I did all your advice and eventually worked.

"Aviphysics" I did all that I agreed higher wrote scratching noise decreased.

"Hreedijk" Thanks for the idea to put the pulleys and belts to take a tree

"Gr5" Indeed, the problem of mismatch of the layers was about the car alongside the tree.

Separated from the tree belt / this is really very important / and once Correction Roller checked any problems with the bearings / they are wrong / rotated axes 180 degrees, tighten the rollers. The problem is corrected. Printer able to print without variance strata.

Scratching noise occurs rarely and only in the direction of left - right now but do not influence the press.

It turned out that my extruder motor does not rotate and extruded as a rotary gear by hand but it certainly has it as a topic in another forum.

Once again thank you all

The feeder will not rotate unless the nozzle is > 170C. This is a Marlin feature.

Glad we could help, happy printing again !