Lead time for new ultimaker 2

bmquist

Posted · Lead time for new ultimaker 2

Greetings from Iceland

I am looking around for "the best" 3D printer on the market, I'va come down to the conclusion that ultimaker 2 is the one I want but, then I saw it somewhere that the lead time is 8 WEEKS!! is that really the case? because I wanted to get the printer no later than after 1 week or so maximum 2 weeks, so maybe I will have to buiy another 3D printer just because of the lead time beeing to long... hope this is not right :)

best regards

BM

Yes, that's the current lead time unless you can find some other reseller that has them in stock for immediate delivery.

Ultimaker are working hard on getting this lead time down but it's not an easy issue to just solve, they're still a fairly small company.

• 3 weeks later...

makershed.com has them in stock in the US.

Actually, Makershed is presently showing "This Product Is Temporarily Unavailable", so apparently they have sold the 75 UM2s that they received about a month ago.

Hi Newbie three day ago I purchased an U2 from Imakr which turn out to be faulty with some electrical issue maybe caused during transportation I couldn't t say however the after sale service from Imakr (and even pre sale service) i well below the standard.They refused to replace or refund the machine.Advice from them is often incomplete, erroneous and approximate.

I don t know if you live in uk but not far from them(about 700 mt) in London on the same street there is an Ultimaker retailer offering 7 day return in case you not happy with your purchase with no question asked.It is also 10£ pound cheaper.It s called Dream3d

I am on dispute with Imakr owner which turn out to be very unprofessional and unreliable making the "sale of good act 1979 a total farce .My advice is to stay away from them and give Dream3d a go,they seems more concern about you been happy with you purchase than Imakr.

good luck

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Without hijacking this topic, could you send me a DM with some of the difficulties you are having?

Perhaps through technical support and some trouble shooting I will be able to help you.

Thank you!

Hi Andrea,

To follow up on your post, I just got off the phone with iMakr and they told me they have repaired your Ultimaker and it is ready for pick up. I think they handled it rather professionally and hopefully you can get back to 3D printing asap.

If you have any further remarks or questions, please feel free to contact them or our own support team.

We would be happy to help.

Thank you and have a great day!