Missing bits, how long to show up?

jonomc

Posted · Missing bits, how long to show up?

Hi all,

Any experience of having parts missing in the UM 1 build kit?

I have contacted UM regarding the missing parts and they have said they will send them out to me. (I have also tried to get an estimate for how long this will take but my emails have been ignored (awful customer service))

Does anyone have an idea of how long these essential parts may take to arrive?

Jono

Hi Jono.

Where are you in the World ?

About missing parts.. because it is still hand work.. a guy going through a long list checking that everything goes into the box.. im sure sometimes pieces do get missed. But normally ultimaker are very happy and fast to send out the missing parts.

About the customer service thing... well I have heard that there is a process started to get some new people in there... But after that I have no idea..

I guess thats why my inbox is filling up with people asking for help... LOLL ;-)

If you have any more questions.. feel free to post them on the forum and me and the other MODS will be happy to help you !

Ian :-)

Based in Glasgow UK. It's been over a week since I first contacted ultimaker and the only response I can get from them is

"I have send your request to our logistic department. They will ship your order shortly."

I assume "shortly" actually means sometime in the next 6 months.

Does anyone have the specifications for the knurled drive bolt? It's probably going to be quicker to machine one than wait for UM to pull their finger out!

Send another message to "support" so they can go over to "logistics" and slap them. Normally logistics seems a bit slow but they usually get it done. But in your case they may have forgotten.

If you google "reprap knurled bolt" there are great explanations of how to build these things with tons of test data about what the best design is. All you need is a dremel. Getting the exact outside diameter isn't critical as you can just calibrate the "steps/mm" yourself by sending through 100mm of filament and then measuring how much went through and then adjusting the steps/mm value accordingly.

It took them about a week from my first inquiry to the missing parts arriving in the mail - and from "I've notified the logistics department" to arrival it was more like three (working) days.

I'm in Germany, and the parts came via DHL Express - shouldn't take much longer.

10 days and counting, guess it's time to get macgyver on this thing.