Crazy stringing and head positioning

fingerpuk

Posted · Crazy stringing and head positioning

Hello.

So today I printed a Superlambbanana for a friend, happy to share the model it only took me 10 minutes to build it, and this is what appeared:

SLB1.jpg?psid=1

SLB2.jpg?psid=1

Please ignore my bad nails.

As you can see it's very stringy, and the legs are not attached to the body. This could either be the head position incorrect, bad GCode, or the thing moved about - it came off the bed very easily.

I was printing .065, 30mm, 210. Two models at one. Think I'll try 20mm at 190 next time, however the second model came out fine, apart from the string. And the overhangs look dreadful.

Cheers.

It looks strange. I think I would have to see it from another angle. My first thought was that one of your axes slipped and needs tightening and that it slipped only once on a particular layer except that The "tail" support didn't also slip.

Before printing it again, check the "bad" layer carefully in Cura layer view.

Although maybe you got some underextrusion?

The stringing isn't too severe but you can probably eliminate it. You might want to experiment with retraction distances on a test piece first.

I think the base came partly loose on that one print that looked messy. Add more brim, and more glue, to keep it stuck.

It looks like you probably don't have retraction turned on, or at least not set up right, which is what caused all the stringing. Make sure it's turned on, and then in expert settings, set the retraction distance to 1.5mm, the minimal extrusion to 0, and turn off combing. Set your travel move speed to 250mm/s.

Other than that, the print looks pretty nice, so I wouldn't mess with the temp or print speeds much.