My 3D Printing diary

fingerpuk

Posted · My 3D Printing diary

Great idea, and certainly very interesting, I have it already internalized.

but ... why did you have it not published here with us?

Something interested many on 3D printing, as well as me at the beginning:

- The known limitations of such a machine, some potential customers are initially was not clear.

- The expectations of such a machine are often much too high and maybe even utopian.

- A very fine resolution of the Z-axis robs above all a lot of time, unfortunately you will not get much more.

- 3D objects must be matched to the capabilities of the machine, then it can give pleasure. Other way around the 3D experience leads to large disappointments.

Nevertheless, everything related to 3D printing is stunning interesting. Especially as a private individual you can suddenly create small and big things. Useful or art things are suddenly within reach. A small individual factory for anything and anyone.

:-P I love it.

Markus

Good write up, however, 20 microns on a UM2 is pointless, and very different to 25 microns on a Form1

It's true that the Z axis on the UM2 can move in such small increments, but you'll never see the benefits of it in your prints, it'll just increase the print time beyond anything acceptable. I can see improvements from 40 microns to 60 microns, but even this adds many hours to a print.

Below 40 is not visibly better, you run into other factors such as nozzle size, ooze etc.

I'm trying to sell my printer, hopefully I won't have too but something has come up. I have quite a bit more stuff to add to this though, and if I don't have to sell I'll keep going.

I think it will not be very difficult to find buyers for a probably almost new Ultimaker2.

You'll probably have well considered ...

Good luck

Markus