Can't load Netfabb .gcode with pronterface

robogrobo

Posted · Can't load Netfabb .gcode with pronterface

Hi there

I want to test the slicing with Netfabb and try to load the generated .gcode (this) with pronterface but on the commandline I get this error:

0 mm of filament used in this print
the print goes from 5.01 mm to 12.24 mm in X
and is 7.23 mm wide
the print goes from 197.81 mm to 200.0 mm in Y
and is 2.19 mm wide
the print goes from 0.0 mm to 49.93 mm in Z
and is 49.93 mm high
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
   self.run()
 File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 483, in run
   self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
 File "./Printrun/pronterface.py", line 1492, in loadviz
 File "/Applications/3D/cura/Printrun/pronsole.py", line 143, in estimate_duration
   moveduration = currenttravel / f
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks.

Dominik

looks like NetFabb generated a feedrate of zero somewhere. Could you check if there is an "F0" somewhere in your netfabb generated GCode?

looks like NetFabb generated a feedrate of zero somewhere. Could you check if there is an "F0" somewhere in your netfabb generated GCode?

He shouldnt check, you should make sure it will never turns to 0, because that will mean it will freeze the machine :p

Hi Daid

I checked my .gcode (download it here) and can't find an "F0".

Some infos: I installed profiles from Paul for Netfabb and used for print quality the "1a: Standard Quality - Filled Object" setting. I even added that at the beginning of the code: M92 E14

Dominik

He shouldnt check, you should make sure it will never turns to 0, because that will mean it will freeze the machine :p

I'm pretty sure I do not control the GCode generater in NetFabb ;-)

But it's a bug in PrintRun. It uses 0 as default feedrate when you haven't got a feedrate yet. And you have a "G1 E0" before any feedrate setting in your start code. Which causes a move time calculation with a zero feedrate. I've fixed it for the next version.

Hi Daid

Thanks for your help and fixing this in your next version! Btw. where do I find out when you next version is ready?

So, for a quick fix I could just remove this line wiht "G1 E0"?

Dominik

A quick fix would be indeed to remove the G1 E0, or put an F300 behind it so it has a feed rate.

My next version is ready when it's ready :p I'll announce it on the forums. RC2 is only a week old right now. And has only 2 bugs that I know off (first run wizard problems, first layer of support has too little material). There are a bunch of new features in the work, the project planner being the biggest of them all.

Great! I'm looking forward. I really appreciate the work you do with Cura. Thanks again.

Have you tried printing anyway? I can't remember if I get that error in the terminal (because I don't really look at it) but I do know that it doesn't show a preview of the slices or an accurate time estimation, however, it still prints just fine.