Sign in to follow this  
cor3ys

UV Filament testing

Posted · UV Filament testing

Hi guys

I have been sent sent some UV reactive filament to test i will post the various results here...

White to purple

Indoors

UV Filament Owl white to purple

Outdoors

Uv filament Owl white to purple

Nice. Is it reversible? Or just one way?

Yes it is reversible when you bring it back indoors it changes back to original color..

thanks for sharing!

and how much time to shift color?

As soon as the sun light hits, it takes a matter of seconds to turn and as soon as you bring it back indoors its a matter of seconds to change back...

Must admit the results are not as instant if it is not sunny but over cast it does take about 30 seconds to change and not as bright...

Wow. Any special treatment required for proper extrusion compared to e.g. standard PLA?

Wow. Any special treatment required for proper extrusion compared to e.g. standard PLA?

No, I just used normal settings to print as if it was normal PLA...

Cool -- has anyone come up with a practical use for this? (not that being cool isn't enough, just wondering if there's an application for it)

Very nice :) what's the brand of this filament?

I want to test plenty off filaments too :mrgreen: how come you receive so much different stuff to test? :geek:

Hi Didier

Not to sure of the brand will check when i get in but i think it is a cheap china filament..

I stumbled across a company local to me selling filament, so i asked some questions about them and they offed to send some samples belongs i posted the results to there website, they was so impressed with what i did, that they send me samples of all the new filament they get in....