Titan-1 now on Kickstarter

braddock

Posted · Titan-1 now on Kickstarter

Looking forward to seeing that one work!

SLA is nice and so, but the resin cost? LOL. No way.

Prototype 2 of the TITAN did 1.8 print about 1.5 year ago. And then the Z stage jammed and it never worked again.

Only just picked it up after FabCon due to lots of people wanted to see it finished.

This photo is of Prototype 3, which is 22x22x22 cm instead of the older 20x20x20cm prototype. But I'm using better components now. And I already updated the drawings to 20x20x22 for prototype 4.

The prototype 3 has 30% of the external volume of the Makerbot-Mini, but 25% more print volume.

The TITAN is by NO means any commercial effort. It's a hobby project. I have no plans to sell it, or to make a kit out of it.

As for SLA. I'm not that scared of the resin costs, more scared of the toxicity of the resins. Look up pro SLA printers and you'll see gloves. Always.

Posted · Titan-1 now on Kickstarter

I'd happily put up with some warped feet in exchange for clean overhangs and 37 micron detail.