Holes are small, any tutorials to adjust Cura to get accurate hole sizes?

cptanpanic

Posted · Holes are small, any tutorials to adjust Cura to get accurate hole sizes?

I have a new Prusa i3, and have it running. I have done some calibration stuff, including measuring extrusion distance, but have not adjusted extrusion percentage. Anyone have a tutorial, or steps so I can get adjust Cura to get accurate size holes, for example I made a part that had 5mm holes and posts. The posts did not fit in the holes. The holes were like 4.5mm.

Thanks,

CP

Posted · Holes are small, any tutorials to adjust Cura to get accurate hole sizes?

Hey CptanPanic, regarding the holes; I think that's trial and error. Myself and others have found that about 0.2 mm of shrinkage occurs in many PLA's. For holes I add 0.2 mm to the radius of the hole, making the diameter 0.4 mm larger.

Could also be that your machine has backlash, be sure to check that first, with backlash in the machine you'll never going to get accurate results. (I find a 0.5mm difference a lot for 5mm holes, hard to think that that just shrinkage)