Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
bez

Effects on the printer with 15hr+ prints

I have some large prints I need to do, and the print times are between 17 and 24 hours. So my question is what are the effects to the printer with prints of this time scale?

Also has anyone else done large prints that have take a long time and what where your experiences?

All hints and tips are much appreciated :)

All hints and tips are much appreciated :)

Get a UPS. Depending on your location, reliability of electricity network varies... In my location, there are very short power outages once a month or so. I would really hate a long print getting truncated because of one of them.

My UPS gives me a minimum of 40 minutes of printing in case of a power outage - it gives some peace of mind.

Good pointer there ......... I don't want to jinx it but our power supply is pretty decent. Fingers crossed it doesn't have a glitch now I've said it lol

edit: I have noticed a few glitches of the finish on the large print I have running currently, I will get some pics up in the right place once its finished to see if you guys can help me figure out why they have popped up.