Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
peter-parnes

Y-axis moving on UM2

Yes, fixing it is pretty simple.. You just need to position the head in the x-direction, so that the grub screw on the rear pulley on that rod is facing down into the body of the printer. Then loosen the grub screw on the pulley. Next push the axis rod all the way towards the front of the machine, and while holding it there, slide the rear pulley and spacer tight up against the rear bearing. Tighten the grub screw again. Now the rod can't slide back and forth any more.

I find that a ball-end 2mm hex screwdriver is ideal for tightening these screws - much easier than the standard Allen keys. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-Metric-Screwdriver-Precision-Handle/dp/B000T9XPQI

Additionally, it looks like the LED strip wiring in that corner is rubbing on the other axis' pulley. Push that out of the way so it doesn't catch. You can put a drop of superglue behind it to stick it to the front plate and hold it out of the way if it helps.

Loosen the set screws on the pulley, push the rod into place, push the pulley as far as it will go against the body of the printer and finally re-tighten the set screws. Rinse repeat on the other side if necessary.

edit: Dammit :p