Problems,Ultimaker2 printing

pikata

Posted · Problems,Ultimaker2 printing

1) Cant finish my prints because of a feeder, it rotates,but material wiped and don't go further. At first, i thought that not enough melting temperature and i've set PLA on 260,nothing happened, then i thought that calibration was made incorrect, tried to recalibrate , start of the print is ok, but on 70% of process material stuck(not always, 3 times of 5) And i understood that the problem is in a feeder, i configured screw to pressure more this material,but nothing happened. So how to solve this problem? Reprint diferent feeder? or..?

2) I have lines between models, how could i remove them and correctly configure cura?

82e0363388e2.jpg

1) 260C is too hot for PLA. At that temperature you can cook it into a gunk that will clog the nozzle. 240C is a safe maximum temperature.

2) I don't understand exactly problem #1 above. Maybe print slower? Try this test at 230C (IT MUST BE 230C OR THE TEST IS USELESS):

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4586-can-your-um2-printer-achieve-10mm3s-test-it-here/

3) Your first layer looks a little thin. I think maybe you need to raise the distance between nozzle and print bed by about .05mm. Also I recommend .3mm first layer to make it easier to get the first layer perfect and will help you get rid of lines you arrowed.

4) To get rid of those lines you could try 4 things: re-level (my #3 above), Increase *travel* speed to 200mm/sec. Uncheck "combing". Print only one part at a time (instead of 4). Try "brim" option instead of "skirt".

What firmware are you using on your printer?

Also, if that's all one STL that you're printing, I don't think you can get rid of the lines between the skirts, as Cura doesn't do retraction on the skirt/brim areas, if I remember correctly. Lower print speed and faster travel moves might help.

so, I've made test print as you said. Here it is,it seems to be ok, or...? Thanx all you for advice! In internet, i first time see,so good,fast moderators ,who really helps! :!: :rolleyes:

Cura is 14.06. There was different files of STL models not one file. Yea,speed of travel was 30 mm/s and print speed as well 30 mm/s

On test print we can see speed 3 cubic mm/s and others.. 3 cubic mm/s - its 30 mm/s ?Or i am wrong?

Other advices with thiknes of layer and combine and other options will try tomorrow.

So,what do you think about my test print? and by the way, who can i know, is my calibration was made well ,or not? it there any tests to know this? Because in manyal there was written, there need to be a little bit resistance between paper and nozzle ,but how how strong it should be, there was no information not in internet not in manual.

Thanx one more time!) I will send you Latvian beer :D for helping

4102923443ec.jpg

So, I've made few tests, and here is result:

1) i've turned off combing, and changed skirt on brim,so,.. nothing happened the same problemf87c6111b483.jpg

2) second test was, to try rise travel speed, from 30 mm/s i checked 150 mm/s and it was much mo better, but anyway a liitle net between models left,but its not so critical. Is this a good result?It should be so?

899a88ad43b3.jpg

I hope you will have time to answer to my questions in my 2 posts, thanx a lot!

You should be able to set the travel speed to 250mm/s. That will help a lot with stringing.

Check your retraction settings, also. The default settings require a minimum extrusion between each retraction. In your test 1) photo above, the print of each circle may be too small to always trigger a retraction. You could try changing the retraction settings to say 1.5mm minimum travel, no combing, and 0 minimal extrusion. That should make it retract for each move (you should hear the double chirp of the retraction and de-retraction for each move). You run a risk however, that lots of retraction might strip the filament - especially on newer Ultimaker² units that have a weaker extruder spring than the first batches did.

You might also change the retraction settings on the printer, to 5.5mm and 35mm/s. The default of 4.5mm at 25mm/s for the Ultimaker² can be a bit too short, and too slow.

The extrusion test cylinder is calibrated in mm³/s. That's the volume of plastic being extruded, and that is what really matters for print capacity and quality. The volume is calculated in terms of the layer height, extrusion width, and linear speed. The cylinder prints with 0.25mm layers, and a 0.4mm wide bead. So, when printing at 30mm/s linear speed, the volume per second is 0.25 x 0.4 x 30 = 3mm³/s. The higher the volume per second, the harder the extruder has to work.

If you print with 0.1mm layers instead, you could print with much higher linear speeds - say 70mm/s - without making the extruder work so hard (70 x 0.4 x 0.1 = 2.8mm³/s).