Intermittent ticking from feeder on UM2

bez

Posted · Intermittent ticking from feeder on UM2

I have been having issues on and off with the feeder on my UM2, its odd as it seems to be attempting to push in more material than it can extrude.

I made a quick vid and uploaded it to youtube:

It changes volume at different stages of the print, the video above is at its loudest.

Its not jamming but it is slipping ........ I think. Or is it something else?

I hear this on my printer as well, mostly on the first layer when the printer is going slow. I'm not sure what causes it but it has never been a problem for print quality.

I think it's basically just the sound of the individual steps. So long as the motor, knurled sleeve, and filament all keep moving forwards - and it looks like they are - then it shouldn't be a problem.

ahhh ok glad I posted this for piece of mind.

It hasn't caused any problems with the print that i'm aware of. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to burn out the motor or anything.

Thanks again guys :)