X;Y quality print

pikata

Posted · X;Y quality print

Hello,

I have question, i've printed 3 robots in different quality in quick settings, HQ,NQ,LQ;

So on stomach ,robot has strokes, but my printer dont want to do them as other users have. What i need to do,to fix this issue? Temperature 235, speed 100%; 150 mm/s

71b1fbb9ca96.jpg

The robot is actually quite tricky to print: it's small and has overhangs. To get the best results, you need to slow down the print, cool down the temp, and allow adequate time for cooling of the plastic.

For best results, print two robots at once - so the freshly laid plastic on one can be cooling while the other prints.

I highly recommend turning off quickprint, and start learning the detailed settings; you're unlikely to get good results on anything just using those - the full settings will give you far more control.

I was printing robot on expert mode, with 0.06 mm layer and it was solid, time for 1 layer 7 sec, speed was 30mm/s,fan was 100%, the quality didnt rise, it was as like on quick settings mode.So maybe you could advice any settings for printing High quality detailed small prints?

What temp? Try 210C. If you were already on 210C, try 200C. Double check that the fans are actually working. If you want even better quality slow it to 20mm/sec but at 30mm/sec you should be able to do better than what I see in pictures.

.1mm or .2mm per layer should not show much difference. I don't recommend .06mm layers - that might be your entire problem - but more likely it's temperature issue.

Also bed should be at 50C to 60C. No hotter than 60C. No cooler than 40C or it might not stick.

Also .8mm shell is probably best. But really most of your issues are probably temp and possibly layers too thin to do overhangs (not sure).

Again - are you sure those fans are working? Often they get unplugged in shipping.

It shouldn't be too hard to get quality like this:

version 5f top half

yea, your robot is good, much better than mine, yea, i had temperature 230 ,'cause on fillament there was written 260 or less, bed was 75C.What do you mean,that you don't reacommend, 0.06 layer will not rise quality of the print? i thought that if there are more layers,they rise detalisation,or i am wrong? Cause i used stratasys dimension 1200, there was 100microne layer, and it was ugly.

What temp? Try 210C. If you were already on 210C, try 200C. Double check that the fans are actually working. If you want even better quality slow it to 20mm/sec but at 30mm/sec you should be able to do better than what I see in pictures.

.1mm or .2mm per layer should not show much difference. I don't recommend .06mm layers - that might be your entire problem - but more likely it's temperature issue.

Also bed should be at 50C to 60C. No hotter than 60C. No cooler than 40C or it might not stick.

Also .8mm shell is probably best. But really most of your issues are probably temp and possibly layers too thin to do overhangs (not sure).

Again - are you sure those fans are working? Often they get unplugged in shipping.

It shouldn't be too hard to get quality like this:

Some people think .06 is great so you are welcome to try it. I think .2mm layers looks great although the robot in the photo was .1mm. It's kind of silly to go super high resolution on the Z axis when your X and Y axis are limited by the nozzle diameter of .4mm (radius of .2mm). So XY your resolution is sort of blurred to the finest point being .2mm curvature.