Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
oliver

Ultimaker availability

Hello,

There seems to be a shortage in supplying Ultimaker 2's right now. I cannot find a single store that seems to have one in stock. If anyone knows a store or private seller, I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks,

Oliver

The lead time for UM2's was about 10 weeks last winter. That meant you could order it before Christmas and not get it until the spring rains come. The lead time has improved quite a bit!

Hmmm... lead time is coming down. Is this good or bad? Depends on the reason. If UM has made an effort to bring it down at constant ordering rate, then it's good. If order rate has decreased dramatically due to bad press (e.g. here in the forum), then it's bad.

I am happy to say it is because of your first reason.

Do you think there is bad press here?

I see a lot of super excited users who post amazing pictures of the things they are making.

Obviously, there are some people who are experiencing difficulties, but I like to look at it differently.

We have a place where people can go to with problems, where they can find help.

And the biggest positive thing is: users are actually finding help, whether it is from you guys or from us.

Everybody runs into problems, the thing is; will you be able to solve them?

And right here; yes. You can! (I am kinda feeling like Obama right now :p)

I am happy to say it is because of your first reason.

Great to hear! Congrats! :)

Do you think there is bad press here?

I see a lot of super excited users who post amazing pictures of the things they are making.

Obviously, there are some people who are experiencing difficulties, but I like to look at it differently.

We have a place where people can go to with problems, where they can find help.

And the biggest positive thing is: users are actually finding help, whether it is from you guys or from us.

Everybody runs into problems, the thing is; will you be able to solve them?

And right here; yes. You can! (I am kinda feeling like Obama right now :p)

There were some post during the last few months which could have driven potential customers to a competitor. UM did not deserve most of these posts. However, such angry posts usually originate from something which needs attention... ;)

ah yes, I know what you mean..

Our department expanded and we now have sufficient people to answer all tickets we get :)

In the last few months at times we found ourselves having difficulties getting back with everyone and sometimes that lead to frustration. Which is probably fair. But we took action and now we are getting back towards are usual level of support :)

Did you set a time limit until when a ticket is to be answered?

I had the impression the main problem was that people didn't know in which time they could expect an answer an were not patient enough.

I think they use a First-In-First-Out method. With the distinction that technical questions are answered by different people.

The main reason the ticket response time is down is that they expanded a lot. More then doubled in capacity. And those people worked their asses off to get the backlog of tickets solved. Spending weekends or after-office hours to solve more tickets. They deserve more credits then we can give them.