Flexible PLA

zews

Posted · Flexible PLA

Can anyone tell me of a reliable source for flexible PLA that will print well in the Ultimaker 2.

What colors are available that you know of and where can I find them?

Is it available in quantities smaller than full spools? (Like Faberdashery sells)

Posted · Flexible PLA

I tried several filaments.

My conclusion is that flexible PLA is not flexible in comparion with the other options available.

If your are looking for flexibility, Ninjaflex and Filaflex are very, very similar, both print well, and with a very good adhesion to the bed. I think fliaflex is a bit better, for me.

At ebay someone is selling ninjaflex by meter, not cheap though.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Flexible PLA

Hi ProfePaco

Do you have UM1 or UM2? Have you done any mods to your printer when printing with Filaflex? In their website they recomend changing the hot end. Have you come up with any of the problems listed there?

Regards

Posted · Flexible PLA

Hi ProfePaco

Do you have UM1 or UM2? Have you done any mods to your printer when printing with Filaflex? In their website they recomend changing the hot end. Have you come up with any of the problems listed there?

Regards

UM2.

I have the Robert's feeder... you should use it.

And, oil the filament! That's all you need.

Posted · Flexible PLA

How hard would Fileflex be to print on a UMO?

Posted · Flexible PLA

How hard would Fileflex be to print on a UMO?

It is 'possible' as I have printed filaflex, ninjaflex and semiflex.

Semiflex was the easiest - but it produces quite a hard flexible material.

Ninjaflex is slightly powdery so it feeds great and produces a hard rubbery finished product.

Filaflex produces a really nice stretchy but very strong product - currently my favourite (ninjaflex was for a year).

To make it work I opened the extruder - and if you look at the bit above the drive wheel there is a small amount of space where the filament could kink - so I taped in a smooth piece of plastic to close up that gap.

Then I drilled out a nozzle to 0.65mm

Then I struggled a bit until I lubricated the filament with a really light covering of wd40 applied using @iRoberti filament cleaner and it works like a dream.

Temp 245

Flow 125

speed 16mm/s (I know it is slow but it works!)

Bed temp 0

I print on a clean glass plate (stuck too well to PVA covered plate)

I have done watch straps that need precision, 2 wall thick and bridging and it worked well.