Netfabb hanging right before end of print

cyclone

Posted · Netfabb hanging right before end of print

Anyone noticed this? Most of my longer than 1 hour prints will stop during the print 6 to 10 mm before completion. Not always in the exact same place, but often very near the end. Netfabb seems to stop sending, the animated toolhead jumps to the 0,0,maxz on the screen, the heater stays on and the fan is left running.

Happens with the most of the latest Marlin builds.

Seems like I saw somwonw talking about this but now can't find a reference here or the google group. Any ideas?

-b

• 2 months later...

I know i´m very late but the Post from Paul was this one:

Hi I print directly from Netfabb, except for longer prints that currently suffer from an early stoppage. This has been reported to Alexander. My printing procedure: I home the print head (no z stop problems here yet), preheat and when it's reached the set temperature press print. I am using Marlin, although I have not upgraded it to the very latest version due to the git hub changes. With longer prints I export the gcode and then print via RepG. Happy printing. Paul On 20 Oct 2011, at 08:01,

The Problem is up to date (in the chrismas Beta too), do any one know if it will be done?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem too. Whenever I print direct from netfabb, the printing would stop halfway. I noticed that it can stop any time while printing. It happens half the time.. as a result, netfabb became my slicing software and i had to print from repG. So anyone has encountered any problem like this and managed to resolve the print stopping halfway? is it because of the inherent ability or limitation of the software?