Unused plug?

dirkdirk

Posted · Unused plug?

Hi,

My new ultimaker2 arrived today. And direct the first problem...

The first print, the ultimaker Robot, looked really bad quality. After an internet search i read that the two fans on the side should be on during printing.

They doesn't work!

So i checked the connections and saw that one of the connectors in the black meshtube was not totally connected. After a light pressure on the plug, a nice click and nowthey work, BUT i saw a second, not connected plug in the black meshtube which has no connection. Just a single plug, i cant see the counterpart.

Is this normal? I am now a little bit afraid of using my um2.

And a another question is about the drivebelts.

2 of them are really loose. Not much tension.. Normal too?

Excuse my english,

Greetings

Dirk

Posted · Unused plug?

The wires for the side fans are usually yellow and green, connecting to two red-black pairs. There is one totally unused wire pair in their as well, that isn't plugged in on either end.

The long belts should not be super tight, but also not visibly sagging, either. They may have slipped a little bit. If you push the head all the way to one end of the belt, is one half really lose, and the other much tighter? If so, loosen the set screw in the pulley at the end away from the head, and allow the tension to equalize itself, and then retighten the pulley hard.

Posted · Unused plug?

hi illuminarti,

thank you for your respond.

The belt was exactly how you describe it. One half loose, sagging and the other tight. Now are the two sides equal.

So i dont have to worry about the white "lonely" plug ?

What is about the middle fan. It runns all the time, not only while printing or cooling down. Also normal?

thank you

Posted · Unused plug?

What is about the middle fan. It runns all the time, not only while printing or cooling down. Also normal?

Yes. It comes on even before the lights do. Is it noisy? Some people reported it as being loud. Mine is so quiet I can't hear it from just a few feet away.