Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
zhonghello

How to develop my own version of Cura?

I believe all the necessary build steps are somewhere on this forum. Use google search (the search built into this forum sucks) and restrict to this forum by adding to your search string "site:umforum.ultimaker.com". Also included the word "daid" as he is the author and he is the one who explained how to build it.

There's the python portion of cura and the steam engine portion.

If you only want to change the gui - can't you just edit the python files? I don't think they are compiled. Or is it the c code you want to edit?

If you're experienced with C++, then python should not prove a problem at all. The average C/C++ OS project is a huge pain in the @#$% to set up. Compared to those, Cura is a breeze.

If you are unable to fix the (easier) python code, its quite likely that you don't have the required skills (yet).

That being said; Yes, Cura has 2 parts. The GUI is in Python and the engine (aptly called CuraEngine) is C++.