Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ksn-arts

Pla 3mm Innofil 3d

Friends, please give me recommendations for working with plastic 3 mm.

Flow material, print speed, temperature and speed of the cooling fans, retractoins

I think it is not worth printing at fast speeds? thank you!

I have no experience with 3mm filament (I think, never actually measured it) but I would make a custom material type. Under Material -> Settings -> Customize you can set the Diameter of your filament. That seems the likely starting point in same menu you can also increase the flow rate a bit when needed.

When Storing these changes with Store as preset it looks like you went back to the previous menu but actually you have to select as what entry (PLC, ABS, CUSTOM? or New preset) you want to set these settings. After that you get back to the settings menu which you than can leave with Return. Don't forget to select the CUSTOM? material if you stored the settings as New preset.

Warning: read that lots of people get blockages with 3mm filament as the ultimaker is designed for 2.85m

I have no experience with 3mm filament (I think, never actually measured it) but I would make a custom material type. Under Material -> Settings -> Customize you can set the Diameter of your filament. That seems the likely starting point in same menu you can also increase the flow rate a bit when needed.

When Storing these changes with Store as preset it looks like you went back to the previous menu but actually you have to select as what entry (PLC, ABS, CUSTOM? or New preset) you want to set these settings. After that you get back to the settings menu which you than can leave with Return. Don't forget to select the CUSTOM? material if you stored the settings as New preset.

Warning: read that lots of people get blockthank you I did so, I care about this plastic flow parametersages with 3mm filament as the ultimaker is designed for 2.85m

thank you I did so, I care about this plastic flow parameters

Apart from diameter I would think you should be able to use the same settings as for 2.85mm. It more depends on material type (PLA, ABS, Nylon, Flex, etc..) and can even vary depending on brand and color. So just look around on this forum for specifics.

Only thing that is more or less for sure is that slower speeds usually give better quality.

Apart from diameter I would think you should be able to use the same settings as for 2.85mm. It more depends on material type (PLA, ABS, Nylon, Flex, etc..) and can even vary depending on brand and color. So just look around on this forum for specifics.

Only thing that is more or less for sure is that slower speeds usually give better quality.

I think that the thick filament, there must be other options flow parameters....

I think that the thick filament, there must be other options flow parameters....

Why?

Also, doesn't Innofil3d produce different types of filament? If we don't know exactly what type of filament you're using it's difficult to give good advice. And like someone mentioned, using true 3mm filament is likely to cause issues, just so you know.

Why?

Also, doesn't Innofil3d produce different types of filament? If we don't know exactly what type of filament you're using it's difficult to give good advice. And like someone mentioned, using true 3mm filament is likely to cause issues, just so you know.

when I use thread 3mm hear as the motor supply a ticking sound/ sometime .

I played around with different parameters settings. I , raised the temperature to 220 and reduced the flow from 100 to 90 percent. max speed at which I worked with this thick plastic 45 - 50 mm a second, but low speed it's better.30-25 mm sec..so I do not know. work with this plastic. or do not use it when... I have a 2.85 mm plastic....