123inkt.nl

Titus

Posted · 123inkt.nl

Is there someone that ordered PLA at 123inkt.nl? I've had my orange from there, but since it's my first roll, I'm not sure whether it is really good quality or not.

Does anyone have experience with this PLA and other PLA?

Thanks!

Posted · 123inkt.nl

I wonder if it is not a problem that the diameter is 3mm instead of 2.85 if there will be some grinding from the feeder you will exceed the bowden tube diameter?

Posted · 123inkt.nl

I still have a lot of 3mm PLA which I used with the K8200 printer but I am afraid that it will be stuck in the bowden tube can you let me know if you do not have problems.

Posted · 123inkt.nl

I haven't gotten any grinding as far as I can tell, and most of the filament measures in under 3 mm, ranging from 2,85 to 2.95/3mm.

I was just wondering whether the troubles I had with some prints could be because of the quality of the PLA, before I order more.

Posted · 123inkt.nl

Never had any problems with the filament from 123inkt either.

So far have used, gray, black, green, orange, and gold.

Posted · 123inkt.nl

As long as it doesn't exceed 3mm you should be good.

Posted · 123inkt.nl

Bericht van 123inkt:

Goedemiddag,

Dit hebben wij uitgezocht voor u.

De diameter van de plastic is 3 mm met een tolerantie van 0.05 mm .

Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Krystian Wierachowski

Posted · 123inkt.nl

wtf? I ordered 3 more colors(red, yellow and blue, already had orange). Two of which came on the same spool as the orange, and the red one came on a different one. Smaller diameter, thicker spool.

Different manufacturer? Probably different tolerances.

Min Max Orange 2,9 3 Red 2,83 2,88 Yellow 2,8 2,95 Blue 2,83 2,92

Not really consistent diameter across the length of the plastic... That is not the real problem, it's the fact that different colors have different averages... Therefore swapping between colors becomes problematic, you'd have to correct with flow.

How is that with materials from UM/ColorFabb/Plastic2Print/MTB3D? Are they consistent average between colors?

Conclusion: 123inkt is budget PLA. Don't buy if you want consistency.

As with all in life you get what you pay for. But so far I'm satisfied with what I got.

Posted · 123inkt.nl

I just figured that if the quality in terms of tolerances was less, it would also say so :p But instead they gave me a very clear and precise answer on my email.

Conclusion: 123inkt is budget PLA. Don't buy if you want consistency.

In all honesty, that's a bit to expected with that price.

Colorfabb has high quality continues quality control to ensure that their rolls have a consistent and equal diameter across their product range.

Ultimaker PLA should also be consistent in quality, but I'm not sure how this is checked during fabrication or after it.

I asume um is not producing the material they sell (?) anybody an idea who's the original manufacturer ?

We don't produce the material. I'm not quite sure who makes what, but they only sell in large quantities.

I bought ninjaflex from 123inkt and I have no reason to be dissatisfied. They delivered on time and the material is running fine.

I agree that different variations is not very convenient, and personally when the diameter is 3mm I wouldn't be to keen on using is. perhaps the first part goes ok, but when you get closer to the core of the reel the curve gets stronger and you get more friction. Also if you deform the filament slightly with your feeder (press it too hard) it can get stuck very easily..

but in most cases you will only have a failed print, and probably some difficulties getting the material out of your bowden tube, because it can be pretty darn stuck sometimes :p

..(putting it in warm water supposedly helps)

Posted · 123inkt.nl

Yup, it's the underextrusion due to different diameters that I'm more worried about. I haven't measured above 3mm yet. But way under:

Yup, that part was supposed to be together firmly.

I think the ninjaflex is ok, because that is still good quality stuff, but the PLA they sell is probably cheap stuff.