Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tmrevlje

MeshMixer hangs up at "Sampling stage"

Hi guys & gals,

anyone else experiencing issues with MeshMixer lately? Since I installed it I never had issues, but for the last two days, with same models that I could fix and create supports for with no problems, no get hung up in the "Sampling" stage of the "Add supports" process... crashes the programme, need to manually shut down the process in Task Manager in order to close it and restart it...

If anyone else has this issue and has found a solution I'd be grateful for a tip.

Btw, I redownloaded their latest version and reinstalled it - the problem persists..

Cool, good to know I'm not the only one with a buggy update.

Dim3nsioneer so we're switching back to 2.1 I guess, will reinstall the previous version and report back whether it fixed the problem for me as well.

EDIT: Yep, the supports system works fine now, no more hang ups and crashes, thanks for the idea Dim3nsioneer, silly of me not to think of this myself, especially since I'm an ATI owner lol and have to do this almost monthly...

I just remembered that all versions newer than 2.1 crashed when I tried to import something until I manually copied the missing file into the correct folder. If it crashes and you get some cryptic message (file XY not found...), try finding that file in an older version of Meshmixer and copying it. Worked for me.

ETA: Unfortunately, I can't remember which file that was, I installed the lastest version more than 2 months ago.

Just found a solution on the forum for Meshmixer users. Either you delete the meshmixer.ini file every now and then or you should check your settings in the under "Supports" the ratios between scale and support upper and lower diameters, if they're really screwed Meshmixer kinda doesn't know what to do with it and just gives up :D

The whole read @ http://meshmixer.com/forum/index.php?topic=1772.msg3960#msg3960