Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Cura removes segmets when slicing

I ran across a problem when slicing in Cura, it creates a space in between sliced layers, and will create a mess when printing.

when it slices all goes well, but after the toolpath reaches 100% the gap is created,

is this a glitch in Cura, and how do I solve it.

I tried numerous settings, but all did the same :(

tried it on two Mac computers, with diff versions of Cura

this is a large print, and I cannot afford to mess up with long prints and lots of material.

Cura%20glitch%201.jpg

Something is wrong with your model. YOu have several choices.

First - try checking "fix horrible A" and later B and see if that fixes the issue. If not there are 11 combinations of those that can fix it.

Secondly, to fix it properly you could look at it in XRAY view. Anything the color red is a problem. Red indicates that a line passing through the model goes through an odd number of walls. Blue or white: even. Odd number of walls indicates an extra wall or a missing wall.

There is an online service that can fix this model instantly and for free. I forget but I think it's netfabb online possibly?

Thanks guys, it was indeed a teensy tiny gap in the model,

I already used Meshmixer to close all the gaps, but after the first rounds of gap fixing I hit the check tab again, and still showed a secondary gap :???:

seems you have to hit the check for gaps tab multiple times after fixing, it might still show gaps that need fixing :mrgreen: