Help with some extrusion issues

e30isking

Posted · Help with some extrusion issues

Dear Makers,

I would like your help understanding why I've had some strange results while printing this object: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:65810

The issues I had were:

1 - some dificulty laying the first layer on the top right / top right side of the bed. This situation was improved as I helped push the filament by hand. I suspect some increased tension from thw bowden on that part of the table - maybe...

2 - 'stringy' print (think is called underextrusion) on the left top side of the bed. Mostly on the first layers. Top layers were fine

3 - some overextrusion I believe on the main cover, centered on the bed.

Comments:

Bed levelled and glued before print - 75º

think 30 or 40mm (will confirm later) and 210º

fans on

PLA - UM2 first rol

Print was left standalone and result was much better than the humble begining would suggest. I will share later.

Here are the pictures - fire away:

20140904_003814.jpg

20140904_010501.jpg

20140904_010518.jpg

20140904_010514.jpg

20140904_010448.jpg

20140904_010452.jpg

20140904_010559.jpg

pic host

Thanks,

Paulo

It's all about the leveling.

The portions that print so thin you can barely see it - those have the nozzle too close to the glass.

The part that is all "stringy" (5th and 6th photo - top left part) - those have the nozzle too far from the glass.

It may be impossible to level all 4 corners. If this is the case, remove all the screws in the bed (under the glass) and make sure they don't stick up. Some people got the wrong size screws. Or your entire UM2 might be warped. Does the feet sit squarely on the table? Or does it rock?

Hi there,

Yes I came to that same conclusion after reading the visual troubleshooting guide.

I believe the bed isn't levelled on the back. The UM2 has a large gap and I believe it might be warped.

What is the solution? Is there any?

DSCN0048_1.jpg

Regards,

Paulo

When I got my UM2 last Thursday I saw a huge gap between one of the feet and table too and was concerned that it might have effect on the print. But I followed the leveling instructions on the first time run and it is printing quite nice from the scratch. So a gap doesn't mean that a leveling is not possible. But I think it is a bit tricky for sure. And the bed is not built strong too, you can see it shake from the smallest vibration..!

My bed too is not exactely straight horizontal (left to right) at the back. But because it only has one adjusting screw in the middle of the back of the buildplate I can't see how it should be done. Theoreticely it should be horizontal in the back if it is so in the front almost like a 3 leged chair.