Peek threads stripped. Any US supplies of a PEEK ?

flyguy

Posted · Peek threads stripped. Any US supplies of a PEEK ?

Hi,

My Peek threads stripped out and the hot end fell out of the peek during a print.

Does anyone know a place where I can get a replacement peek ? Preferably in the United states.

Thanks,

Brian

My Peek threads stripped out and the hot end fell out of the peek during a print. Does anyone know a place where I can get a replacement peek ? Preferably in the United states.

I'm not going to ask how you managed that...

Mcmaster sells PEEK rods, 5/8in diameter, and you can machine it to spec yourself (1/4in drill for the well, M6 drill&tap for the brass tube) to make some form of rim on the top.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#peek-rods/=howphm part 8503K232

while you are at it, you could consider scrapping the 1/4in well on top, and replace it with a section with an M7 tap, and also thread the bowden with a M7... this will eliminate any bowden decoupling events.

If you end up making your own, I agree with Joergen, thread the bowden. I threaded mine M6 to fit the existing PEEK part and I never have problems with the hot end clogging or the bowden popping out.

Take a look at scottmayson's insulator here-

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:20535

I think that would be a nice upgrade (in PEEK) if you have the tooling.

Kyle

I ended up ordering the 5/8" Peek Rod from mcmaster, with a M6 tap and the appropriate drill bit. I like the idea to die the bowden and tap the top of the Peek.

I'll have to pick up the appropriate tooling for ACE hardware or home depot.

Also I picked up a $120 mini wood lathe from harbor freight.

I already had a mini drill press.

lets hope for no more hot end issues !!!!