Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
william

Material plastic tube is loose?!

Hi I've just finished my ultimaker after 3 hard days, so i'm new to this forum.

I have made a few nice prints but somehow the plastic tube (not sure about the official name) has come loose from the extruder part.

I've tried to put it back in but without success. Is there a way to reconnect it? or did i just miss a part of the assembly guide :s

Hi, thanks for your response.

I tried it but still it starts to come loose after a few minutes. I believe I have a problem with the extrusion, the material gets stuck in the part above the nozzle and pushes the plastic tube out.

I've tried to increase the temperature to 220 (PLA) and to decrease steps per E, but its just a matter of minutes before it comes loose again.

edit: i noticed i wasn't so clear the first time, it didn't come loose at the extruder wooden weel but at the part where it gets melted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1tlrX1ub0P5dW8tb3F2REhINVk/edit?pli=1

You may need this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11864. Though before that, try cutting off about 15mm off the end of the Bowden tube, making sure there is no plastic in the top of the peek piece and follow instructions as per other posts or Wiki to get the Bowden tube back in place with no gap between it and where it sits inside the peek.

And when you cut it, make sure it is a straight and clean cut.

edit: And I just printed another copy of your clamp the other day Owen. You're a life saver :) My old one broke since it was the earlier version that was a bit weaker and with my short tube it put too much strain on it when the head was parked so it eventually snapped. The newer version looks much better.

My printer seems to be working normally now, phew...

I disabled the fan which seems to have stopped the plastic to block itself and i forced the tube back in whith some paper and tape. (not the prettiest solution :p )

I'm printing those parts you made, at the moment, no problems so far, yay :)