Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
andrea

Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered

This the log of the error..

I tried everything and it keep not working. any suggestion?

Recv: ok T:58.3 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:58.3 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

Baudrate test ok: 7

Send: M105

Baudrate test ok: 8

Baudrate test ok: 9

Send: M999

Changing monitoring state from 'Detecting baudrate' to 'Operational'

Recv: Resend: 1

Recv: ok

Send: M105 T0

Recv: echo:Unknown command: "

Recv: ok T:29.8 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:29.8 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

Recv: ok T:29.8 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:29.8 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

Recv: ok T:30.2 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:30.2 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

Recv: ok T:30.3 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:30.3 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

Recv: Error:0

Recv: : Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !

Changing monitoring state from 'Operational' to 'Error: 0: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP t...'

Recv: Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

I also have an Ultimaker Original. I also got the error 'Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered'. At first thought i thought the motor of the extruder was broken, but after switching the cables with the X-Motor, i found out this motor worked. After switching the cables again, i still got the error.

This is a common problem - especially with older Ultimaker Originals (as the wiring works for a year or more and eventually breaks).

It's usually at the head of the printer at the connector. Did your wiring go through the black F shaped wire strain relief?

Quick fix is to just use the alternate wiring.

If instead you want to debug the problem, try turning it on and checking that the nozzle temp is 20C. Then push the test head to the 4 corners. Often this is enough to trigger MAXTEMP. If this isn't enough start poking the wires at the top of the print head - it's usually the connector on the tiny circuit board.

Alternatively the wire may have fallen off underneath the printer. The basic problem is the wiring from the tiny circuit board on top of the head to the circuit board underneath the printer.