Sign in to follow this  
peng-shao

stop printing after printed 3 models

Posted · stop printing after printed 3 models

Hi all,

I am excited to get a new Ultimaker 2 back home. I printed 3 models so far and still doing the fine tune for the bottom layer. The bottom layer is very coarse now, but other layers are pretty good. (i am using z resolution of 0.02mm and bottom layer with 1mm)

Last night i met a problem. After i start a 40 min job, i went back to sleep, but this morning there is nothing on the plate, the LCD shows jobs done. Is the nozzle been blocked? Anyone have seen this problem before?

Thanks,

David

Probably clogged nozzle. For example sometimes the filament gets stuck inside the head when you first load it (never once it starts extruding). It might get stuck on the edge of something in there.

Or dust. Or cat hair or other stuff.

Also if you let the nozzle sit at 240C or hotter for a long time without extruding the plastic in the nozzle tends to caramelize into brown gunk.

You might have to burn it all out but I recommend trying the atomic method first if it's not extruding anymore:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4118-blocked-nozzle/?p=33691

Indeed. I always manually feed 30-40mm of filament before starting the job to make sure all is OK. And I watch the1st layer go down before leaving the printer.

Try to heat up the nozzle so evey filament in the machine get melted, then remove nozzle clean eat, look if there is any parts that needs to be cleaned or may be a object that jam your material, if so adjust it correctly.