Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

How do you use the "pause" plugin?

I decided to do some tests today to see how i can use a plugin to change colours.

I tried the default "pause" plugin to halt the print at 5mm.. When it got to 5mm the head moved out of the way and the status window showed "paused". But there was no buttom to "unpause".

The only option i had was the Print button, but that just kicked off a new print and the head knocked the job off the bed.

How exactly do you unpause? Does this plugin only work with specific printers (i am using a Printrbot).

They (other cura plugins) probably all use the M0 command.

I think your question is more a printrbot question - see if there is another command (e.g. M1 which I think is also pause) that would work better for the printrbot. Does the printrbot have any kind of control panel? I think repetier might be able to *not* send the M0 and instead stop sending commands and you can tell repetier to continue sending gcodes. Cura I don't think knows how to do that.

They (other cura plugins) probably all use the M0 command.

I think your question is more a printrbot question - see if there is another command (e.g. M1 which I think is also pause) that would work better for the printrbot. Does the printrbot have any kind of control panel? I think repetier might be able to *not* send the M0 and instead stop sending commands and you can tell repetier to continue sending gcodes. Cura I don't think knows how to do that.

I have found a solution.. Whilst the M0 or M1 commands cause the Printrbot to pause.. There is no way to resume.

So I am using CURA to slice and I have modified the "Pause At Z" plugin to use the "@pause" command, rather than M0.. And am saving the output.

Then I am using Repetier to load and print the GCODE file..

Repetier prints this and at the "@pause" point it give a nice big pop-up offering you the ability to 'resume'. But it seems that Repetier also does this on the fly.. So you can hit Pause at any point.. Move the head/bed.. Change Filament and resume.

I am really happy with the results.. But it would still be nice to have the functionality built into CURA.

Apparantly M226 is the Printrbot command to pause.. But I guess the software would have to understand this and give the option to "resume" after.

But if I just have to live with a CURA/Repetier hybrid for multi-colour prints, I can't really complain.