Jump to content

Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5


Recommended Posts

Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5


I recently received my UM2. I have printed many things from the provided SD card, as well as one model I made myself, and I am amazed at the quality of this thing!

However. . .

I'm having some serious problems with Cura. Most of the time, when I press the "SD" button to save my gcode to the SD card, I receive the error "Failed to save." I have only been able to upload a single model to the SD card.

So I guess you could say that "sometimes it works," but so far I have no idea what is causing it to work, or to fail.

I'm running Cura 14.09 on Mac OS X 10.7.5. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks all!



  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

Hi Walter,

Normally when I have that problem, it simply can´t save. Two reasons I figured out:


  1. SD card is full (found some very old 32MB cards, they work fine but only enough space for 1 or 2 models)
  2. Ejected the SD card too many times without safely removing before. Go to the disk utility program on your mac and format the SD card. That´s it. Mine worked fine afterwards.

Hope this helps.




  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • 1 month later...
    Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

    I have the same problem on my mac.


    Repeat the storage process by clicking on the SD button a second time. Then eject the card, the program tells then, that the card can be removed.

    So it is not a severe bug....

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • 7 months later...
    Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

    I have the same issue. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it works. Clicking the button a second time doesn't work. And reformatting the SD doesn't work.

    Opening Cura with the terminal showing displays this error.


    Traceback (most recent call last): File "Cura/gui/sceneView.pyo", line 361, in _saveGCodeIOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Volumes/WILSON TS//Downloads/stand.gcode'Traceback (most recent call last): File "Cura/util/sliceEngine.pyo", line 169, in submitInfoOnline File "urllib2.pyo", line 126, in urlopen File "urllib2.pyo", line 406, in open File "urllib2.pyo", line 519, in http_response File "urllib2.pyo", line 444, in error File "urllib2.pyo", line 378, in _call_chain File "urllib2.pyo", line 527, in http_error_defaultHTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error


    Looks like it's including part of the path that the original file belongs to resulting in a broken path that points to a folder that doesn't exist.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited) · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

    Just in case anyone is having this problem out of-the-blue, I was experiencing it and just before I was about to format the card, I checked the little lock switch on the card. It had somehow moved slightly from its unlocked position. Turns out, that was what causing it. I'm assuming it moved during the multiple times I would fumble plugging it into my Mac. Hope that helps somebody :)

    Edited by Guest
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

    Check if the SD-card is locked. Worked for me.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

        This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features
        Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies
      • Ultimaker Cura 5.6 stable released
        Cura now supports Method series printers!
        A year after the merger of Ultimaker and MakerBotQQ, we have unlocked the ability for users of our Method series printers to slice files using UltiMaker Cura. As of this release, users can find profiles for our Method and Method XL printers, as well as material profiles for ABS-R, ABS-CF, and RapidRinse. Meaning it’s now possible to use either Cura or the existing cloud-slicing software CloudPrint when printing with these printers or materials
        • 48 replies
    • Create New...