Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

muse7789

Posted · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

Hello,

I recently received my UM2. I have printed many things from the provided SD card, as well as one model I made myself, and I am amazed at the quality of this thing!

However. . .

I'm having some serious problems with Cura. Most of the time, when I press the "SD" button to save my gcode to the SD card, I receive the error "Failed to save." I have only been able to upload a single model to the SD card.

So I guess you could say that "sometimes it works," but so far I have no idea what is causing it to work, or to fail.

I'm running Cura 14.09 on Mac OS X 10.7.5. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks all!

Walter

• Like 1

Hi Walter,

Normally when I have that problem, it simply can´t save. Two reasons I figured out:

1. SD card is full (found some very old 32MB cards, they work fine but only enough space for 1 or 2 models)
  2. Ejected the SD card too many times without safely removing before. Go to the disk utility program on your mac and format the SD card. That´s it. Mine worked fine afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Philip

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on my mac.

Workaround:

Repeat the storage process by clicking on the SD button a second time. Then eject the card, the program tells then, that the card can be removed.

So it is not a severe bug....

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it works. Clicking the button a second time doesn't work. And reformatting the SD doesn't work.

Opening Cura with the terminal showing displays this error.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "Cura/gui/sceneView.pyo", line 361, in _saveGCodeIOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Volumes/WILSON TS//Downloads/stand.gcode'Traceback (most recent call last): File "Cura/util/sliceEngine.pyo", line 169, in submitInfoOnline File "urllib2.pyo", line 126, in urlopen File "urllib2.pyo", line 406, in open File "urllib2.pyo", line 519, in http_response File "urllib2.pyo", line 444, in error File "urllib2.pyo", line 378, in _call_chain File "urllib2.pyo", line 527, in http_error_defaultHTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Looks like it's including part of the path that the original file belongs to resulting in a broken path that points to a folder that doesn't exist.

Posted (edited) · Cura "Failed to save" to SD Card on Mac OS X 10.7.5

Just in case anyone is having this problem out of-the-blue, I was experiencing it and just before I was about to format the card, I checked the little lock switch on the card. It had somehow moved slightly from its unlocked position. Turns out, that was what causing it. I'm assuming it moved during the multiple times I would fumble plugging it into my Mac. Hope that helps somebody :)

Edited by Guest

Check if the SD-card is locked. Worked for me.