Feature Suggestion/Request - 'Move Material' in Tune Settings

klausz

Posted · Feature Suggestion/Request - 'Move Material' in Tune Settings

Under 'Tune' -> 'Pause' there are several options. Would it make sense to have the Option 'Move Material' (as it is available under Advanced Options) there, too ?

The reason, from time to time it looks like there is under extrusion and/or the filament is partially blocked. There it makes sense to have a short break and clean up the nozzle or just to extrude some material. This would also help when starting with new filament materials (like Taulman Bridge right now).

Maybe this should also considered in Cura as Plugin, saying every hour or every two hours there should be a short stop where there is material extruded outside the printing process.

• Like 1

If you change your feeder to a version you can open you can just push the fillament by hand... also easier when changing fillament during a pause.

Well, since around 3-4 weeks I am already on the iRobert Feeder. Still there are times when I hear the 'clutch' sound from the feeder (filament not going through that easy).

The Taulman Nylon Stuff seems to be extremely temperature sensitive. When its too hot it seems material disappears (not really burning).

I agree, we should be careful with adding new features. For sure it should not be done when only 1-2 people think they need it.

Nevertheless, when starting with new materials or designs and also in the middle of a 5-20 hour print it could help to make a brief test based on the machine settings.

Personally I dont't manage easily pushing material through the nozzle from the feeder. And, there is very little control how many mm of filament I pushed through the feeder (nozzle).

Its good to have an open discussion and to see what workarounds and suggestions come up.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Think this would be a great option to add. Those not comfortable modifying the feeder would then have the ability to switch filament mid print.

We could take this a step further and have a fast retract like on the material change.

You can never have to many options in my opinion as it increases the versatility of the printer.

Could we have the entire advanced maintenance options available in the pause menu. Perhaps in an advanced section =)

That would be very nice to have.

We did get "change filament" in the tune settings lately.

However at least for me it seems to fast forward WAY too much filament (about 1.5-2x as much as the bowden tube can hold) and thus causes an instant failure.