Sign in to follow this  
sensebellum

Replacement Tip in USA

Posted · Replacement Tip in USA

Hello,

Is there anywhere else to get a replacement tip for a UM2, maybe somewhere in the USA?

I want to order a new one but the shipping is nearly $50, x3 for what the tip costs. Kind of a hassle.

Anyone know of a replacement?

http://fbrc8.com/ might be able to help you. They handle after-sales&support for the USA.

(Their website only sells materials, but I think they might be able to do more for you in email. But not 100% sure)

I looked at the site but did not see any tips. I sent out an email however.

Unfortunately, the time it takes for shipping, plus the cost, is just not in range.

I am looking at getting these replacements from Amazon though. It should work just fine eh?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L4VFV1M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1KMIWXKO7K6U2

no those are UM original, not for UM2.

I do hope for you guys in the US that fbrc8 will soon get spareparts as its really silly to have to order at huge shipping cost. It may have to do with the fact that there are also no spare parts (UM2 nozzle) available in the Netherlands atm ... (look at UM web store).

to get to know the parts of your machine look at the assembly manual here;

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2

Next time I order something from Ultimaker I'll get a load of those and offer 15$ shipping to everyone in North America.

Is it considered reselling if you resell for 0$ profit??

I would gladly do it if UM dont mind. :D