Your opinion / reviews of Ulticontroller.

Posted · Your opinion / reviews of Ulticontroller.

Depending on where you live, you could see if you can arrange a group buy of the Ulticontroller to share shipping costs.

As for my review. I got one of the late "prototype" controllers. Without a casing. At first I was like, yeah yeah, I'll test it. But printing from USB is much easier. This took about 2 days, then I disconnected my USB cable. Moved the printer to another room, and now I print with the controller all the time.

I love the fact that it leaves my PC free to use. And that I do not have to worry about buffering problems. That I quickly can adjust the speed (the reaction time of the speed adjust on the UltiController is quicker then with USB).

I loved it even without a case. And now I have the unoffical-offical casing, which makes it even better.

I think it's good value, and I recommend that if you order a kit you also order an UltiController. If you already have a kit, then it becomes a bit more difficult, as shipping is not the cheapest.

I've been using the ulticontroller for a couple of weeks now and I love it. My ultimaker is in the garage so i always had to move my laptop back and forth between my living room and garage...no more of that.... i still need to take the sd card in and out - but thats no biggie.. though i am trying to figure out ways to wirelessly transfer files to the sd card..

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Kym: I'd be up for a group buy. I really need to order next week though -- I am needing this particular laptop more and more away from my Ultimaker.

destroyer2012: It definitely looks more fun! It would just be a bit cheaper for me though (have to order panelmax and all the other bits) and unless its coming from Canada I always get screwed by shipping (my new PFA tube cost $5 but $30 to ship from the US).

Finally picked one up. Haven't had a chance to play with it too much yet. Initial impressions:

- Its ridiculously simple to assemble.

- I love the fact that everything is instant, as opposed to the delay in sending commands from a computer.

- I love being untethered from the computer. My home office is pretty crammed, so the prospect of moving the printer is nice. Also when I start experimenting with ABS, I can put the printer (and the stink) in my garage instead. :D

Just the electrical savings I'll get (no more leaving the computer on because a print is going on) I'm sure this thing will pay for itself in no time!

I'm new with the Ultimaker/Ulticontroller, an although many of the menupoints in the controller are self explanatory, I miss an instruction/function map or other explanatory illustration, to fully understand the capability of the device. Does anyone know if it exists? Or want's to make one?

I think one is in the works. But some options are "Just do not mess with them, the defaults are good"

But some options are "Just do not mess with them, the defaults are good"
    Could you please give a brief idea of which menu points this includes?

Every one where you think "wtf does this mean?"

rotfl.

Daid is writing manuals for all my products from now on ;)