SD Card Listing Issue on UM2

ankita

Posted · SD Card Listing Issue on UM2

Hi,

I am facing a very strange issue with my UM2 and urgently need some advice. Printer is not showing any listing of saved models from an inserted SD Card. I even tried reinstalling 14.09 firmware but that didn't help.

It is surely reading files, because if I click knob, um2 random selects a file, also if I turn the knob, it even change the selected file. Further no return button is visible on SD card listing page.

SDList.jpg

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

Ankita

What size (capacity) of SD card is it? I had similar problems with an 8GB card (which is therefore actually SDHC), no problems at all with a 2GB card.

I expect the card also needs to be formatted with the FAT filesystem: not NTFS, exFAT or anything else.

I agree, use only "english" letters and dont use any non letters. Especially single quotes, double quotes, backslash, apostrophe. And make sure it ends with ".gcode". I think if it ends with ".g" it is invisible or something. I think this is a feature. Not sure - never tried it.