CURA easy way to switch settings ?

tonycstech

Posted · CURA easy way to switch settings ?

Dear developers.

Do you have any plans in the future to add feature to allow users to quickly switch presets or profiles or settings prefferences ?

I jump back and forth with ABS and PLA and need to quickly change allot of things such as

No cooling fan for ABS

Temps for bed and nozzle

Print speed

and more.

Me being in a hurry all the time i run into problems of turning off cooling fan for ABS prints that causes them to shrink and layers brake appart etc.

But the time i realize the problem, its almost too late to manually turn it off or restart the print because i would have to replace the surface and recoat it with ABS juice again :(

Thanks in advance

Those are both great solutions however I usually load the profile from a recent print. All gcode files have the profiles stored at the end (in an unreadable-by-human format). Plus I name all my gcode files with ABS in the gcode file name if it is meant for ABS.

So I just load the most recent ABS print or PLA print if I am switching. (edit - to clarify - I use "File" "Load profile from GCode...").

But Daid's solution is better I think. If you change a setting for one "machine" it doesn't seem to affect the others.

which ever works with one click

How about a button in the viewport for quick profile switch ?

Or at least a radio button in the main tab.

Going to menu and selecting another machine is not that quick but doable :)

I had to modify the Gcode to display Printing PLA instead of Printing.... so i would know what machine (should have been a profile) generated the code.

Click 1: "Machine menu"

Click 2: "Select the machine with profile you want"

That's just 2 clicks. And I think any other solution will also have 2 clicks (or else the GUI will explode)

Click 1: "Machine menu"

Click 2: "Select the machine with profile you want"

That's just 2 clicks. And I think any other solution will also have 2 clicks (or else the GUI will explode)

Am not thinking "switch the machine" when i want to switch filament. Am thinking settings or profile.

But u are correct, it just doesnt make sense doing it this way

Am not thinking "switch the machine" when i want to switch filament. Am thinking settings or profile.

But u are correct, it just doesnt make sense doing it this way

Yes, like I said, it's a workaround, not a 100% proper solution. But it works for now.

And you can easily rename the machines... so call it "um2 abs" or whatever you need.. I use it for nozzle sizes..