ABS printing not very good...

cips

Posted · ABS printing not very good...

Hi gurus,

I'm trying to print out this tiny object:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=e0mnfl&s=8#.VILzgF28rsM

As you can see the result (printed in ABS) is not very good: borders are not clean and so on.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=b6d0gl&s=8#.VILzy128rsM

I tried to print the same in PLA and the result is much better. Any suggestion for the ABS settings: I tried with 245 degrees and a layer of 0.2. It looks like there is a bit of overextrusion, or am I wrong?

Settings are:

print speed: 100mm

fill densiti 100%

tem: 245

flow 100%

Thanks,

Posted · ABS printing not very good...

It's too small... print several at a time and make sure your retraction is set right... possibly up it from 4.5 to 5 in the menu. The fan idea is good if you're trying to print one at a time, but remember the heat from the hot end will deform the part unless you can move that heat away for bit... hens multiple prints at a time.

Try right clicking the part i normal view and multiplying it by 5 (6 part total) and seeing how they come out....from there you can gauge how it prints... multiple vs. single parts