From one day to another the price is twice

Posted · From one day to another the price is twice

Hi everybody,

I have the problem of a PTFE deformed. I can't print any more. On sunday I wanted to buy a new coupler, the price was €15+ 6.25 shiping + taxes a total of ~ €25. But first I wanted take contact with support but I don't receive an answer yet. So I decided to buy a new PTFE.

My surprise was that the cost of coupler is cheaper €12.50 but the shiping is more expensive €28.50!!! + taxes making a total of €49.60!!! Almost twice of the price as before. That is crazy! I live in Amsterdam, Netherland, I am in the same country that Ultimaker! I can't believed this prices!

Yesterday I also sent a message to sales@, but they don't response yet. I am a little desperate because I lost 2 day trying to figure out what was the problem and now this, I don't want to pay €50 for a piece of €12.50 but this is delaying my project.

Someone else has had this experience?

They take always so long to response?

Do you see no possibility to visit the people of Ultimaker spontaneously on the spot?

By the way ...

My experience with the Ultimaker support is currently excellent. The people are always friendly and they always try to solve every little problem as soon as possible.

Even if you may have caused a problem with the device through lack of knowledge itself, then a payment is not requested at every little thing. Sometimes there are even free help, which is very commendable. And I have been allowed to enjoy about this fact two times.

Unfortunately, there are especially during the festive season so much to do, as many can run much delayed.

Prices for regularly insured shipping to foreign countries, are actually extremely high, nothing will probably change, or it will be even more expensive. Domestic shipments should be able to run much cheaper, and probably something went wrong.

Anyway, I would appreciate very in the future if Ultimaker could offer especially the main wear parts much cheaper.

Markus

Guys! you are faster than the auto response of ticket system of ultimaker! Lol

Now seriously, thank you so much for your answers.

@Didier Klein: I hope that is the problem and not something permanent.

@mnis: I am happy to hear your good experience with them. In the last couple days, I have read only bad experiences, I hope in the end I have a good experience like you because for me the support it is even more important that the product and I really like the product.

Unfortunately they are 2 hours away with public transport (I don't have auto), this is my last option.

@gpb01: Thank you! actually I was looking for this link because I had read that somebody bought one of this and his um2 was running smoothly again.

I will try to be a little more patient...

Those things will take a while to get here ;) Also I have no clue whether they live up to the quality. UM2's PTFE were glass fiber reinforced lately. I doubt china stuff is ok quality. Take a look at this topic. 22nd of December there is an Ulti-Evening in ProtoSpace, Fablab Utrecht. Apart from learning usefull things, meeting staff, learning tricks from others, doing small upgrades and meeting and other enthousiasts. I believe Nallath was going to sell PTFE"s without shipping costs if you order in the topic ;)

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8599-ulti-evening-22nd-of-december-2014/?p=82063

Ultimaker uses the highest-cost shipping available in all cases, even when shipping trivial parts. I have no idea why, when I can get small parts shipped to the US from London for a few $.

They have never satisfactorily explained any reason why they do not allow the customer to choose from more reasonably-priced alternatives.

@titus: Thank you for the info! I will be there, I hope see you there!

@EldRikc: In these time, let the customer choose which kind of shipping services wants is something essential.

I don't know the quality ... but look HERE ...

... and, if on the same site you search for "Ultimaker 2" ... jump out many products ... GrattaTesta.gif

Guglielmo

I'm guessing these won't be the latest glass reinforced fiber versions... but for the price and free shipping they offset that by becoming an affordable disposable part... good find!

Ok, it seems like they have fixed it, I finally bought the PTFE for €15 + 6.25 shipping + taxes, this is a better price.

Any way I am a little disappointed of ultimaker, they haven't responded my support ticket after 3 days. I am not asking for an immediate solution, just a little attention like:

"We going to check your case but right now we are really busy but we will try to give you a solution asap."

With that I can wait even a week because I would know that they have read my request and NOT, the auto response doesn't count.

Ultimaker uses the highest-cost shipping available in all cases, even when shipping trivial parts. I have no idea why, when I can get small parts shipped to the US from London for a few $.

They have never satisfactorily explained any reason why they do not allow the customer to choose from more reasonably-priced alternatives.

I have talked about that with the Ultimaker team, and the reason is that cheaper transport options don't offer tracking and they had a lot of bad experiences with lost mail etc...

I do think tough that it would be something nice to be able to select the type of transport you want (knowing the risks).

@oesile: glad your order was fixed :) concerning the support ticket, as you may understand there are a lot of tickets to go through, the support team is working hard to get the lead time go down as fast as possible