Default Nozzle temp on material insert

mark-hale

Posted · Default Nozzle temp on material insert

Is it possible to change the default nozzle temperature when selection the insert new material. The reason I ask is that I find when printing with filament that requires a higher setting than 210, more often than not I have problems with the initial purge of material.

What I tend to do is use the insert material option and then select ready on first hearing any retraction on the feeder. I then manually select a higher nozzle temperature and use the Move Material option to get the material flowing.

I guess it would be great to have the ability to set a few filament type profiles?

I guess...Ultimaker 2 ???

(...please update your forums profile and call at least your machine.)

Go directly to: MATERIAL > SETTINGS > Customize > make your own Settings > select > Store as preset > select > New preset > or overwrite an existing Profile > Beware, there are no feedback > select > Return > select > SETTINGS > Select your created profile > READY :smile:

!!! All subsequent actions of the machine now take into account this Profile !!!

You can, for example, select one of your own profiles before the change of material. And at the end of any action you choose another material profile for 3D printing.

Markus

i was kind of hoping that there would be a way to select a profile first, I guess the ideal would be to have the section that asks if PLA, ABS etc at the end of material insertion, to have that at the start.

noted on the forum profile cheers, and yes its UM2

Sorry, I do not know another way unfortunately.

Or maybe, I understand your request something wrong.

For material changes with PLA, for example, I do it like this:

- I first choose a profile with a very low nozzle temperature of 0 to 90 degrees.

- Then I use: MAINTENANCE> Advanced> Move material> "Click Wheel" for threading and moves to the print head.

- At the end (... just before the reach of the print head) I choose a custom PLA-profile and bring the material with "Move material" in the Hotend through the nozzle.

Markus