Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tottenham12712

Does my Teflon spacer need to be replaced?

Hi all,

Been printing a bunch of things over the past few weeks and everything has been good apart from a clog here or there. Today I hit massive under extrustion and knew something was up (Red XT at 245C, .1mm at 60mm/s). Had a bunch of skipping and the filament got torn up (Still running the stock extruder FYI).

I did two atmoic pulls, first one is the closest, second is the furthest. I always do my pulls with PLA because it seems to work better:

FnOOu3J.jpg

Based on those mushroom looking shapes do we think my spacer needs to be replaced? I pretty much only print at 240-245C.

Im doing a test print right now and so far so good after the pulls, I dont really feel any friction in the hot end when pressing in filament or removing it, but I know thats not any good measurement.

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Dylan!

The teflon coupler deforms at the end where it meets the hotend. you can check it by removing it and seeing if the end is squished in or has a lip in the inside. This happened to mine over a month ago and i just re-drilled the hole with the correct size drill bit and it has been working fine ever since.

I have been printing with Bronzefill recently which, I think, has resulted in more blockages. Increased flow helps reduce the blockages though. Anyway, i took the teflon coupler out yesterday and you can notice quite easily if there is any deformation. Same as Labern above, passed a drill bit through it and working ok now...cross fingers :)