cura release notes

edit-mesh

Posted · cura release notes

hello

i have got some stupid newbie questions (also regarding my current wall thickness problems/posting-any support would be very appreciated)...

where can i find the cura release notes (by clicking on the icon "view" in products/software- section, i get to the stories-section) ?

and do i have to sign up to daid@github to find out what "fix bug, math.round does not exist" means ? is that a bugfix? where is that integrated ?

sorry for the stupid questions!

Github is only for when you care about the source code and latest development, as well as reporting issues.

It contains every single change I do, at the moment that I do it. Most changes are just small bug fixes, and the list is long.

The ultimaker website recently got an new face, which means some links are not fixed up yet, and not all data is available yet.

and do i have to sign up to daid@github to find out what "fix bug, math.round does not exist" means ? is that a bugfix? where is that integrated ?

I'm not bundled with Ultimaker - the following are only my personal thoughts...:

If you're interested in such details - you can inspect the list of commits (with the detailed changes in each file) on the GitHub page. Or clone the repository and inspect the git log messages and changes from there. That's the great benefit of open source.

Although...probably you will have some exhausting weeks this way...

what if i care about the latest development, is there a posibility to benefit from your latest changes and how?

What is your intention with this?

As daid mentioned earlier - you can download the current release candidate from here - for testing purposes.

If you really want... you can test it and report the outcoming here (for instance).

Of course you also can clone the git repository (and regularly pull the latest changes) - you will find the URL on the GitHub page. But keep in mind that this is always the current development snapshot - a somehow intermediate version, usually with it's own issues.

Build instructions are on the GitHub page or in the readme file.

thank you very much TinkerGnome for explanation and links!

since i have these printing wall problems, which i can't verify in cura, i was curious about the latest versions

and a little confused about not finding some release notes.

i am not a friend of betatesting in production, but if i use an open source printer i am a part of the betatesting somehow i think...

but if i use an open source printer i am a part of the betatesting somehow i think...

A very healthy attitude... ;)

i am not a friend of betatesting in production, but if i use an open source printer i am a part of the betatesting somehow i think...

You should have been here 3 years ago :p back then we where all testing experimental firmwares on our machines, cause the one supplied by Ultimaker was a bit crappy. (I wasn't part of Ultimaker back then)

Anyhow, don't fear the "beta" label on the http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/

It's a very stable version.

(The release notes will return, as we do have release notes on every official release, they just haven't been entered into the new site yet)

Daid, can you add that link in the Cura download page or on your github page? I always look for it using the forum but I guess it would be useful for some.

Daid, can you add that link in the Cura download page or on your github page? I always look for it using the forum but I guess it would be useful for some.

No, the intention is that it's a semi secret link. People that have the link also know where to contact me to report issues.

Fair enough

nice - like platform 9 3/4 - hogwarts express - or better daid's express :-)