Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
henri

Settings to achieve max build envelope

I have a print which just falls inside the stated print area of the UM2. Cura accepted it and it turned yellow. I centered it on the bed. When I printed it at the max X travel there was a clunk and rattle, and the next layer was moved to the left in the X direction. Next time I tried, I moved the model in cura as far left as I could get away with. No more clunk, but the model printed was missing a little bit at the max X position.

I figure the discrepancy to be about 1.3 mm. There is clearly a mismatch between where Cura thinks the bed is, and its actual position. I do not like the idea of a hardware tweak (move the X axis end stop, or bend its actuator.) Nor do I want to edit Gcode. Advice would be appreciated.

Well, if you don't like the idea of adjusting things to eke out that extra mm of space I'm afraid you're out of luck. 1.3mm is absolutely tiny and can come down to the arm of the end stop being ever so slightly bent or the fan shroud being a wee bit too bent the wrong way (depending on what's physically hitting the side of the machine).