3D printing for the disabled

eric-rea

Posted · 3D printing for the disabled

Hello all! I am new to posting to the Ultimaker forum but I am a long time fan. I am currently running a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for the purchase of an Ultimaker 2. My goal is to help disabled people like myself with paralyzed hands by creating custom designs like prosthetics and splints that will help them gain greater independence. Check out the http://igg.me/at/ericrea/x/9718558.

Any help or advice is welcome. I love Ultimaker!

Nice, great presentation video, good work! And looks like the campaign is going well too :)

Ultimaker should definately pick up on this and support it in some way... Since it looks like the campaign will actually be a success, which will get you your printer, maybe that is not so much needed. They could support you with eg. some filament, spare parts, or I guess you can always use more printers :)

IMO this is the perfect 3D printing project, both from a human and PR, point of view

Thanks for the support everyone! The video was produced by my friend Andrew who is a documentary film maker, and all-around great guy.

Enabling the Future looks amazing. Very inspirational. I had similar thoughts for a mechanical hand for paralyzed folks.