what I could do;

- add a picture

- add comments

this is the item I tried to edit.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/feeder-for-ultimaker-2-rail-system

Posted · edit does not work

Hi UltiArjan

I also have problems with YouMagine.

Perhaps changes to the front end are currently being made, or the site was hacked.

Users can see current foreign images which are definitely not part of my designs.

The following view is wrong: WrongImages

Only when I am logged in, I see the original published Images.

The following view is correct: CorrectImages

This is total rubbish. In the end you may get even worse, because of the publication of any foreign imagery...

Whatever happened, it slowly becomes unbearable.

- Scrolling through the designer list contains tons of fake accounts.

- Compatibility with some browsers is insufficient.

- The snippet in forums postings shows for months random empty fields instead of existing designs.

- The comfort of Thingiverse it does not have to beat, but it should at least work fundamentally.

Markus

Your design https://www.youmagine.com/designs/prototypes-test-objects-and-much-more looks normal to me Markus. Like your first picture.

I see the fake accounts (with some adverts in the descriptions), too.

Using Firefox 35.0.1

Forum signatures are broken - they've been for a long time...

/edit:

Correction: When viewing another of your designs, the button leading to the design linked above does actually show the wrong picture, just as in your second screenshot.

But when I open the design, everything is normal again.

Thank you Jonny:-)

I mostly use the IE 11: And there the design is presented with false images.

In Chrome v40: Results of YouMagine search mask initially show previews correct, but again, the design is presented with false images.

I will not cause confusion:

The first picture shows the wrong design images. The second picture shows the correct view. It's definitely a display problem.

I hope that the creators of Youmagine also have an interest in these and other reported problems as quickly as possible to resolve.

I currently have no idea if other people have had similar experiences, whose designs are also presented so wrong.

I will not cause confusion:

The first picture shows the wrong design images. The second picture shows the correct view. It's definitely a display problem.

lol ok so I got you wrong then. And it is indeed showing all the wrong pictures to me, too.

I would really like a viable alternative for thingiverse, but apperently it's just not happening, I'm still using both, only publishing the designfiles on YM as a promotion, but maybe I should just stop doing it as its taking time and YM is irritating me.

Hi UltiArjan

I also have problems with YouMagine.

Perhaps changes to the front end are currently being made, or the site was hacked.

Users can see current foreign images which are definitely not part of my designs.

The following view is wrong:

Only when I am logged in, I see the original published Images.

The following view is correct:

This is total rubbish. In the end you may get even worse, because of the publication of any foreign imagery...

Whatever happened, it slowly becomes unbearable.

- Scrolling through the designer list contains tons of fake accounts.

- Compatibility with some browsers is insufficient.

- The snippet in forums postings shows for months random empty fields instead of existing designs.

- The comfort of Thingiverse it does not have to beat, but it should at least work fundamentally.

Markus

Same with me!

Logged in i see the right picts - logged out i see some foreign picts...

I´m on safari..

:-(

Heard from a reliable source that the issues are known and high on the list of issues to solve.

I wasted many hours trying to update my designs on YouMagine, and that has my nerves greatly overused. In the end I had everything ported to Thingiverse, although I sure wanted to take distance from MakerBot, but there was no other way for me.

- Uploading large files (STL, DAE, PNG, JPG, etc.) that works not good at all, since there are already problems above 1 megabyte.

- The general access is extremely debilitating ...

- Image collations are not feasible.

- Automatically generated images of the object files are sometimes duplicated.

- Pictures from strangers designs can be found suddenly in your own presentations. After login, but everything is displayed correctly, but not for visitors.

- After long and in the end failed uploads, there are only a terse, meaningless Apology page without any useful information on possible limitations.

- These problems are definitely completely independent from the currently used browser.

It gave no joy unfortunately, when it is so difficult and time-consuming things for others in his precious free time to make it available ...

And many of the things mentioned is to experience not only for a few days so, but for months...